Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer condo by the tracks

I just moved into my new apartment yesterday (a rather exhausting fiasco, the details with which I won't bore you).  I'm just here for 3 months over the summer, working as a student warden and writing my dissertation.  The apartment is nice, though rather close to the train tracks. I'm sharing it with a couple of my friends who are also working as wardens (Zareen and Elizabeth) and two seasoned wardens named Candace and Syrish.  I'm happy to be cooking for myself again and sharing a kitchen with only 4 rather than 25.

The dissertation is progressing, slowly but surely.  I hand it in on the 16th of September and fly home on the 20th.  And on that note, I'd better get back to work!

2 comments:

Anglican Mama said...

Many 'yays' are in order for this post. :) I definitely understand the joy of more kitchen space, with us also living in a public building and never knowing when 25 people are going to need it too. I'm happy to hear you're settled, and working hard. It means you'll be here that much sooner!

My work computer hates networking sites, so I've been AWOL on Facebook. We now have a laptop and I was happy to catch up on your pictures. Looooove them!

Jack said...

It sounds like you have a very nice little house! How exciting to be blessed with one and friends to share it with