Thursday, March 31, 2011

Half-way

Well, I just passed the 6-month mark a few days back.  I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.  Classes are over in just a few weeks, and all of my assignments will be turned in by the end of this next month.  After that I have only the dissertation to be concerned with.

I received word today that I have a summer job, working as a student warden (RA) at one of the residence halls here over the summer.  The best part about the deal is that it comes with free accommodation in the hall, so that is a HUGE blessing right now and an answer to much prayer.  I didn't have the money to pay for my whole year at Cardiff when I came, but the Lord has (as always) provided everything I need.

I've been a bit homesick lately, but I really do think it's actually good that I'm not able to go back for visits over my breaks.  It is keeping me in the 'work hard, push through' sort of mindset which I am in desperate need of at this point.  Tonight I'm finishing up one long term paper and getting ready to begin my last one.  I'm still enjoying Cardiff, but I think a day off now and again would help me enjoy it even more! Oh well, I can't really complain; I don't think being a grad student was ever meant to be anything less than non-stop labor :)  I'm learning a lot and am excited to finish with classes and get on with my thesis.

No comments: